Center for Plastic Surgery
1945 Old Gallows Road, Suite 400
Tysons Corner, VA 22182
Phone: (703) 560-2850
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.

Center for Plastic Surgery
5550 Friendship Blvd, Suite 130
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Phone: (301) 652-7700
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.

Is It Time to Get Rid of Your Cankles?

Center for Plastic Surgery

We’ve all heard of them: the dreaded cankles. A condition marked by a lack of definition between the calf and ankle, cankles are often caused by swelling in your natural underlying muscle anatomy, or excess fat in the lower leg. The result is an unflattering lack of contour between the legs and feet.

Cankles are a common concern for both men and women that often lead to discomfort, self consciousness, and the desire to conceal the problem. Our plastic surgeons use liposuction to help Washington, DC, patients lose their cankles and restore their confidence.

Cancel Out Your Cankles

Fortunately, you don’t have to keep hiding your legs. An experienced plastic surgeon may be able to correct your cankles and restore your freedom to comfortably wear what you choose. It’s important to choose a plastic surgeon who has experience treating the problem, as your treatment plan will vary depending on your situation. For instance, if your cankles are a result of swelling, your primary doctor will need to diagnose the cause before moving forward with treatment.

If your cankles are due to extra weight, removing the fat and sculpting a more shapely contour can be achieved with liposuction.

How Do You Slim Down Cankles?

Liposuction is an effective procedure for surgically removing unwanted fat from various areas of the body. However, treating cankles with liposuction can be challenging and must be performed differently from liposuction to other parts of the body. Choosing an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon is your best bet for a successful outcome. Ankles can be very unforgiving, so the technique used is critical to achieving optimal results.

Recovery After Cankle Liposuction

After cankle liposuction, you will need to wear a compression garment for the first few weeks to control swelling. Approximately 80% of the swelling should go away in the first 4 to 6 weeks, while the remaining 20% may linger for 3 to 6 months.

Ready to stop wearing long pants all year long and dreading exposing your legs? Contact us today to learn more about the best options for you or to schedule your personalized consultation!

Leave a Reply

Fields marked with * are required.