Avéli™ Cellulite Reduction
Are you seeking a solution to the persistent challenge of cellulite? Avéli cellulite reduction for Washington DC, Chevy Chase, and Annandale women is a proven and effective treatment. Center for Plastic Surgery is one of the first practices in the area to offer this groundbreaking solution for achieving a significant and lasting reduction in cellulite dimples.
What Causes Cellulite?
Cellulite is a result of the complex interplay between the connective tissues, fat, and skin:
- Septa Bands: These fibrous bands of connective tissue anchor the skin to the underlying muscle. Fat cells push against the skin while the septa bands pull downward, creating the characteristic dimpling of cellulite.
- Fat Deposits: The accumulation and distribution of fat cells beneath the skin play a significant role. As these fat cells enlarge, they push up against the skin’s surface.
- Skin Thickness and Elasticity: Thinner skin can make cellulite more visible. Over time, skin can lose its elasticity, exacerbating the appearance of cellulite.
Genetic predisposition can influence skin structure, texture, and the likelihood of having cellulite. Hormones, especially estrogen, have been identified as key players in the development and exacerbation of cellulite.
How Does Avéli Cellulite Reduction Work?
Until recently, cellulite has been difficult to treat effectively. Avéli gives surgeons a powerful option for minimizing its appearance. Here’s a closer look at the steps and mechanisms involved:
- The Avéli device is inserted beneath the skin and guided to the treatment area. The device’s lighted tip allows optimum visibility throughout the procedure.
- Your surgeon maneuvers the device to target the septa bands contributing to dimpling.
- The skin smooths out with the release of the septa bands—substantially reducing the appearance of cellulite.
A typical treatment session takes about an hour, including administering local anesthesia and the procedure itself.
The Benefits of Avéli
When compared to other cellulite treatments, Avéli stands out as a leading choice for several reasons:
- Avéli goes beneath the skin’s surface to target the root cause of cellulite.
- Targeted treatment helps ensure minimal disruption of the surrounding tissues.
- Avéli is cleared by the FDA for the treatment of visible cellulite in the thighs and buttocks.
The minimally invasive nature of this treatment, combined with its noticeable improvements, makes Avéli an appealing choice for our patients.
Before & After Photos
What Results Can I Expect To See From Avéli?
While individual results vary based on factors such as skin type and the cellulite’s severity, here’s an overview of what you can anticipate:
- Visible Reduction in Cellulite: Many patients report a noticeable reduction in dimpling, revealing smoother and more even-toned skin soon after the procedure.
- Sustained Outcomes: Addressing the root cause of cellulite makes the results longer-lasting than superficial treatments.
- Increased Confidence: With the visible reduction in cellulite, many patients experience a renewed sense of confidence in their skin.
While Avéli offers impressive results, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, including a balanced diet and regular exercise, can further enhance and prolong the treatment’s effects.
How Much Does Avéli Cost in Chevy Chase and the Washington, DC, Metro Area?
The price for Avéli begins at $3,500. Your cost will depend on a variety of individual factors, including the severity and extent of your cellulite. We will provide you with a detailed cost estimate at your consultation.
How do I know if Avéli™ is right for me?
Avéli offers a long-term reduction for most levels of cellulite. The best way to know if it is right for you is to schedule a consultation with one of our plastic surgeons. They can assess your concerns and determine if you are a candidate during your consultation.
Does Avéli only treat cellulite dimples?
Yes, Avéli targets only the septa bands that cause cellulite dimples. It cannot address other concerns, such as loose skin or pockets of fat that may be visible near cellulite.
Does Avéli hurt?
A local anesthetic is used so you won’t feel discomfort during the procedure.
How many treatments will I need?
Most patients achieve satisfying, effective results with just a single treatment.
Is there any downtime after the procedure?
One of the many benefits of this procedure is that it requires very little to no downtime. Most people can resume their daily routine within 24 to 48 hours.
Are there any side effects?
The most common side effects are minor. Some patients report mild pain during the first day after treatment and bruising and tenderness to the touch that resolves within a few weeks. Some people may experience small areas of firmness that usually diminish within a couple of months.
Can I work out or exercise after the procedure?
We recommend postponing strenuous activity for at least the first few days to a week after the procedure. This will give your treatment area time to heal. We will provide complete aftercare instructions so you know what to do during recovery.
How long will the results last?
In a clinical study, women were assessed 1 year after treatment and showed sustained improvement in their cellulite.
Do You Want to Learn More About Avéli?
We’ll be happy to share the details with you. Schedule a personal consultation to meet with a skilled, experienced plastic surgeon in Annandale or Chevy Chase and learn if you’re a good candidate for Avéli. Call our office today at (703) 560-2850 or request a consultation.