Hormone Replacement Therapy
Hormones are closely tied to what makes us men and women, influencing muscle mass, sex drive, emotional regulation, and more. When hormones become out of balance, we often don’t look or feel as good as we could. At Center for Plastic Surgery, our Metabolic Aesthetics Clinic offers testosterone replacement and other bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (HRT) in the Washington, DC, area to help men and women from Chevy Chase and Bethesda, MD; Arlington and Fairfax, VA; and surrounding areas renew their quality of life.
Meet Our Metabolic Aesthetics Clinic Director
Tyler Chavez, MHS, PA-C, received his training at Duke University and has 10 years of experience in both plastic surgery and hormone replacement. He is passionate about peptide medicine and the benefits it can have for so many people. As clinic director working under the supervision of our surgeons, Tyler is dedicated to helping men and women reach their cosmetic and wellness goals.request a consultation
What Are Hormones?
Hormones are natural substances secreted in the blood by the thyroid gland, adrenal glands, ovaries, testes, and other organs of the body. They regulate physical and emotional health by maintaining normal body functions.
What are the signs that you need hormone replacement therapy?
The production of hormones declines as we age. For women, this decline begins in the mid-30s to early 40s and continues into perimenopause and menopause. Andropause (low testosterone) typically affects men gradually, with a slower yet consistent decline starting after age 30.
Common signs of hormone imbalance include:
- Weight gain
- Mood changes such as depression, anxiety, and irritability
- Sexual dysfunction such as low sex drive, pain during intercourse, and erectile dysfunction
- Hair loss or unusual hair growth
- Menstruation irregularities
Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)
While the majority of our TRT patients are men, women can be candidates as well.
Benefits of TRT
- Increase sex drive
- Strengthen erections
- Increase lean muscle mass and muscular strength
- Decrease body fat and abdominal fat
- Increase energy, focus, and concentration
- Improve sleep
- Improve mood
How Treatment Works
Our TRT protocol includes:
- Testosterone injections
- Customized vitamin injections
- Additional medication, frequently neglected by other providers, to enhance TRT and prevent problems from an increase in estrogen-like hormones
- Men’s enhancement options to improve sex life, libido, quality of erections, and longevity
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) for Women
Many BHRT patients are women who are going through menopause; however, younger women may also be candidates.
Benefits of BHRT
- Alleviate hot flashes and night sweats
- Stop mood swings
- Prevent bone loss and osteoporosis and increase bone mineral density
- Relieve painful sex and alleviate vaginal dryness and irritation
- Increase lean body mass
- Decrease body fat
- Increase sex drive
How Treatment Works
BHRT pellets are inserted under the skin in a simple office procedure. The pellets are naturally absorbed over time and need to be replaced 3 to 4 times a year. Many women benefit from a combination of BHRT and peptide therapy.
When you visit our clinic, HRT begins with a comprehensive consultation with our clinic director, Tyler Chavez, to diagnose hormone deficiencies and record a baseline of your health. The consultation includes:
- Discussing your symptoms
- Reviewing your medical history
- Collecting blood to assess hormone levels and overall wellness (such as liver, thyroid, and kidney function)
- Performing a high-tech body composition analysis using the InBody system
Tyler then develops a fully customized regimen and reviews it with you. You will return periodically to ensure your program is safe and effective.
How Long Does It Take for HRT to Work?
Most patients report symptom improvement within 2 to 3 weeks after the initial consultation.
A Reputation Built on Results
Benefits of HRT at Our Clinic
While many practices offer HRT, our clinic offers a variety of advantages, including:
- Comprehensive monitoring to maximize effects while ensuring safe hormone levels.
- We make lab work easy and convenient by drawing blood in the office and sending it out for you.
- We are a safe and reliable source for a testosterone prescription customized to your dosing and management needs.
- We perform regular high-tech body composition analysis with tracking and monitoring capabilities.
- Our TRT protocols include medications to counteract an increase in estrogen-like hormones.
How Do I Get Started?
For personalized treatment of your symptoms, request a consultation with our hormone replacement specialist, Tyler, in the Washington, DC, area. You can use our online form or call our office at (703) 560-2850 for an appointment.