Breast Augmentation With Lift
Weight fluctuation, pregnancy, and aging can all contribute to loss of volume, changes in shape, and sagging in your breasts. Many women are unsure if breast augmentation or a breast lift would best suit their individual goals and address their concerns. Many patients can benefit from combining a breast lift with breast augmentation at our Chevy Chase, MD, and Washington, DC-area practices.
Breast Augmentation with Lift
Before & After Photos
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
When Should You Combine Breast Augmentation With a Lift
There are many reasons to consider a breast lift with augmentation, but there are a few common scenarios when this combination procedure may be more appropriate than a breast augmentation or breast lift alone.
Lost breast fullness after pregnancy: Pregnancy can be an incredibly rewarding experience, but it often comes bundled with some unwelcome physical changes. Your breasts can go through dramatic changes in size and shape during pregnancy and, although temporary, these changes can have some lasting effects on your breasts. A breast lift with augmentation can address sagging and restore fullness, symmetry, and shape.
Unflattering shape after significant weight loss: As with pregnancy, dramatic weight loss can change your breasts. The combination of fat loss and stretched breast skin can contribute to a “deflated” appearance of the breasts. Breast lift with augmentation can restore lost volume and lift and tighten excess skin.
Sagging due to aging. The natural aging process can also take a toll on your breasts. A breast lift alone can correct excess, sagging skin and bring the nipple to a more youthful position, but will not address the loss of fullness in the upper breast. The placement of implants in conjunction with lifting the breast can provide a youthful, pleasing appearance.
How Much Does Breast Augmentation With a Lift Cost in Washington, DC?
The cost of breast augmentation with a lift (or breast lift with implants) typically ranges from $8,800 to $14,000, depending on the implants selected, the complexity of the surgery, and other factors. We provide a specific price quote at your personal consultation that you can review at home.
“I highly recommend CPS for any cosmetic surgery! I had my breast augmentation procedure done here and they were FANTASTIC. I recommend them to everyone! They were so supportive and helpful and now I couldn’t be more pleased with my results. Best of all I never felt obligated to do anything and the staff was warm, friendly, and really made me feel at home. It was the best decision I could have made and I will continue to go to Center for Plastic Surgery for any other procedures in the future.”Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
What Are Your Options for Breast Augmentation With Lift?
Our plastic surgeons use various techniques when combining a breast lift with augmentation to provide you with the best results. The best options for your breast lift with augmentation will depend on your unique goals and natural anatomy.
Types of Breast Implants
During your personalized consultation, our surgeons will evaluate your breasts, listen to your concerns, and help you determine the best options for achieving your goals. A large part of your final appearance will depend upon the implants you choose. There are four main factors you will need to consider before choosing your implants:
- Material. Implants come with two main types of filling material: saline and silicone. Both options can provide beautiful, natural-looking results, though they do have some distinct differences in appearance, feel, cost, and incision requirements. Learn more about saline vs. silicone
- Shape. Implants are available in two shapes: round and teardrop. Saline and silicone are typically round, but silicone and highly cohesive silicone are also available in teardrop shape, which provides a natural sloping appearance to the breast.
- Profile. Your existing anatomy and the final look you want to achieve will work together to determine the best profile for you. Higher profile implants sit high on the chest and provide more upper pole fullness, while lower profiles tend to fill out the lower breast.
- Size. The size of your implants can be anywhere between 150cc and 800cc or more. Depending on your natural breasts, you may require two different implant sizes to create symmetry.
Choose the experts that locals know and trust. Our multigenerational practice provides the best possible care with state-of-the-art technology.Meet Our Surgeons
Types of Breast Lifts
The level of sagging you wish to correct will determine which lifting technique will achieve your desired results.
- Traditional (Anchor) Lift. The traditional breast lift has what is known as an anchor scar. Because of the design of the skin excision, the resulting scar is in an anchor configuration. The scars are around the areola, vertical scar from the areola to crease, and then a horizontal scar in the crease. All scars are concealed by a bra or swimsuit.
- Crescent Lift. The crescent lift is a great option for women with minimal sagging. This technique uses a small incision around the upper half of the edge of the areola, which leaves minimally visible scarring. This method is generally only used when combined with augmentation.
- Periareolar (Donut) Lift. Like the crescent lift, the peri-areolar technique is best for correcting minimal sagging through a circular incision around the edge of the areola. This leaves just one barely visible scar.
- Vertical (Lollipop) Lift. The lollipop lift is most often used to address moderate sagging. By making incisions both around the edge of the areola and vertically from the bottom of the areola to the inframammary fold (in the shape of a lollipop), our surgeons are able to provide greater reshaping of the breast. The resulting scars are easily hidden.
Ready to Learn More About a Breast Lift With Implants?
If you’re looking for the best plastic surgeons in the DC area for breast enhancement surgery, one of our surgeons can determine if you would benefit from a breast lift with augmentation and answer any questions you may have. To get started, request a complimentary consultation using our online form.