Are deep furrows or sagging skin around your brow causing you to look tired or concerned? The areas around the eyes and forehead are responsible for the majority of your facial expressions and, if your brow is heavy or sagging, you may be sending mixed signals.
At Center for Plastic Surgery, a brow lift, also known as a forehead lift, helps patients from Washington, DC; Chevy Chase and Bethesda, MD; Arlington and Fairfax, VA; and surrounding areas return their brows to a youthful position, dramatically reducing the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin. A brow lift can correct:
- Excess upper eyelid skin
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Drooping or misshapen brow
- Deep forehead furrows
By removing excess or sagging skin, tightening remaining skin, and repositioning underlying tissues and muscles, a brow lift can restore a smooth, youthful appearance.
When to Consider a Brow Lift
There is no standard age for having a brow lift procedure—everyone ages differently and has unique concerns. When you begin to notice that forehead furrows remain when your face is at rest or that you look tired or angry when you’re happy and well-rested, it may be time to consider a forehead lift.
- Modification or removal of the muscles that cause frown lines
- Removal of excess skin that gives the brow a heavy appearance
- Lifting of the eyebrows for a rested and relaxed look
When a brow lift is combined with procedures that address the lower face or under the eyes, total facial rejuvenation can be achieved.
Brow Lift or BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX Cosmetic injections have become a popular treatment option for patients wanting to reduce the appearance of wrinkles in the upper face, particularly around the eyes and forehead. As a nonsurgical, office-based solution, it is an attractive alternative to brow lift surgery for many patients. Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon can help you determine which treatment is best suited to your unique concerns.
Choose the experts that locals know and trust. Our multigenerational practice includes 4 board-certified plastic surgeons who provide the best possible care with state-of-the-art technology.Meet Our Surgeons
What to Expect from Brow Lift Surgery
Brow lift surgery is typically performed under general anesthesia administered by one of our board-certified anesthesiologists. Your surgeon will either make an incision running over the top of the head, or he will perform surgery endoscopically through much smaller incisions in the scalp. The method used is determined by your individual concerns and unique anatomy. Your surgical experience will be dependent upon the type of brow lift surgery you and your surgeon choose.
Types of Brow Lift Surgery at Center for Plastic Surgery
- Endoscopic Brow Lift. The endoscopic procedure is the most common and typically requires only a few small, inch-long incisions. Although this technique is much less invasive than traditional brow lift surgery, comparable results can be achieved. After the incisions have been made, your surgeon will be use a special tiny camera (endoscope) and small instruments to lift the underlying tissues, re-position forehead muscles, and remove excess skin as necessary until desired results have been achieved.
- Temporal Brow Lift. Also known as a lateral brow lift, the temporal brow lift can be used to address folds and small wrinkles in the forehead and crow’s feet at the corners of the eyes, and is often performed in combination with blepharoplasty. By lifting the skin at the temple, this procedure restores an elegant, youthful look to the lateral eyebrow area. The temporal lift requires slightly larger incisions than the endoscopic lift.
After Your Brow Lift Procedure
After surgery, you will be wrapped in a light head dressing for 48 hours. If necessary, drains may be used and will be removed within one to two days. Mild bruising and swelling during the first week is not unusual, and most patients are able to resume a normal level of activity within two weeks after surgery. Possible risks associated with a brow lift include numbness and weakness in the muscles of the forehead. Complications are rare and usually temporary.
Learn More By Scheduling Your Complimentary Consultation
Our brow lift patients love the refreshed and rejuvenated appearance the procedure provides. Interesting in finding out if this procedure is right for you? Request a complimentary consultation with one of our plastic surgeons using our online form.