Dr. James French, Plastic Surgeon
James H. French Jr., MD, FACS is highly regarded by patients and peers for his surgical skill and aesthetic sensibility.
Dr. French is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is listed in The Best Doctors in America. Dr. French is former Chief of Plastic Surgery at Inova Fairfax Hospital and served on the clinical faculty at Georgetown University School of Medicine. His interests include facial surgery, breast surgery, surgery of the abdomen, liposuction and body contouring.
Dr. French is an Arkansas native. He is a graduate of the Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans, where he also completed his residency training in general surgery. He received his plastic surgery training at Vanderbilt University and also completed a Craniofacial Surgery Fellowship at New York University. Dr. French held a Presidential Appointment to the National Cancer Advisory Board.
Other past professional appointments include:
- Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Co-Director of the Facial Rehabilitation Center at the Children’s Hospital in Baltimore
- Chief of Plastic Surgery at the Baltimore City Hospitals, where he also served as Co-Director of the Regional Burn Center.
My results are amazing! Dr. French and staff were AMAZING! Dr. French and his nurse answered all of my questions and concerns.”
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Memberships & Societies
Dr. French is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is also a member of many professional societies, including:
- the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- National Capital Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Virginia Surgical Society
Dr. French has been consistently recognized as one of Washingtonian Magazine’s Top Docs, as well as a “Top Doctor” by Northern Virginia Magazine. Dr. French has also been named “Best Doctor” by Virginia Living.